Searching for Funding Opportunities
What is COS Pivot?
For years, COS has been recognized around the world for its coverage and inclusion of funding from a wide variety of sources as well as its access to the world’s research community.
Now, Pivot provides Research Administrators, Research Development Professionals, and individual faculty members the edge—by bringing together the right research opportunities, funding, and people—quickly and easily. It provides global and local connections that strengthen research by exploring new avenues for funding and collaboration—for faculty, staff researchers, and graduate students.
Built from the ground up, Pivot combines the best of what our customers love in our world-renown COS Funding Opportunities and COS Scholar Universe with intelligent mapping features that expedite funding discovery, dissemination, and collaboration. With Pivot, connecting the right opportunities with the right people is routine.
Pivot is a power tool that:
- Provides access to the most comprehensive global source of funding opportunities—totaling billions of dollars and growing
- Identifies researcher expertise from within or outside of your organization from millions of profiles from leading research organizations worldwide
- Fosters collaboration by cultivating essential partnerships and alliances
- Enhances communication, monitoring, and tracking amongst individual faculty, teams, or researchers and the Research Development office
- Allows the focus to be on winning the necessary awards and grants
- Builds strong network connections for future opportunitiesWhat is COS Pivot?
COS Funding Opportunities and Expertise has been converted to COS Pivot. When accessing COS.com, users will be taken to pivot.cos.com.
Your COS Pivot Account
If you had an account for COS Funding Opportunities, you will use that same username and password for Pivot. If you do not have a current COS account, you will need to create an account.
To register to use COS Pivot, go to pivot.cos.com and click on New User button in the upper left-hand corner.
Pivot login is presented in the top right-hand corner of the pages in Pivot. You must be logged in to:
- View your homepage displaying your active and tracked opportunities
- View funding opportunities shared with you or the status of those you have shared with others
- Save a search
- Add an opportunity to active or tracked
- Share a funding opportunity
- Claim and/or update a profile
Click below to view COS Pivot training handouts.
Your COS PIVOT Home Page
Finding Funding Opportunities
In addition, the Division of Research offers monthly COS Pivot trainings to the university community. Faculty, staff, and students are invited to attend. To attend a training, please visit the research events calendar. These workshops are free, but registration is required because space is limited. Trainings are also included in Research@Wayne and sent out via email blast.
Online training sessions are available through COS Pivot at http://www.refworks-cos.com/training/. For more information or to schedule a training for your department, class, or college, please contact Sarah James at email@example.com.