- Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (within the USDA)
- Animal Welfare Information Center (AWIC)
- Office of Laboratory Animal Welfare (OLAW)
- Office of Laboratory Animal Welfare "Useful Links"
- Animal Welfare Act Quick Reference Guides
- Health Research Extension Act of 1985, Public Law 99-158 "Animals in Research"
- U.S. Government Principles for the Utilization and Care of Vertebrate Animals Used in Testing, Research, and Training
- USDA - APHIS - Laws and Regulations
- PHS Policy on Humane Care and Use of Laboratory Animals
- Association for the Assessment and Accreditation of Laboratory Animal Care, International (AAALAC International)
- American Association for Laboratory Animal Science (AALAS)
- Scientists Center for Animal Welfare (SCAW)
- National Association for Biomedical Research (NABR)
- American Veterinary Medical Assosciation (AVMA)
- Institute for Laboratory Animal Research
- Guide for the Care and Use of Laboratory Animals, ILAR (8th Edition, 2010)
- What Investigators Need to Know About the Use of Animals, OLAW
- Assessing the Health and Welfare of Laboratory Animals (AHWLA)
- Video tutorials, including one on recognizing post-operative pain in animals.
- Laboratory Animal Analgesic Ladder (PDF)
- ARENA/OLAW IACUC Guidebook, 2002 (PDF)
- UC Davis University Library Animal Alternatives Information
Breeding flowcharts (examples)
This document, composed by the veterinary staff and IACUC office, can be used in grant applications: Wayne State University Animal Resources and Veterinary Care (DOC)
The WSU Division of Laboratory Animal Resources also has an extensive list of "Useful links".