Education and training
In broadening its responsibility for the institutional oversight of Wayne State University’s externally funded programs, Sponsored Program Administration provides training sessions for a wide range of topics including eProp preparation and submission, proposal budget development, Researcher’s Dashboard navigation, and generating Coeus web-reports. Regularly held training sessions will be offered; please check the SPA Home Page for scheduled events. Additionally, one-on-one or small group sessions are available on an as-needed basis. For details or answers to questions, please contact Tim Foley, SPA Training Coordinator, at 577-8357 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
SPA Training Research Administration Certification: Participants who successfully pass all core session tests earn SPA Traiing Certification. No more than one wrong answer per test qualifies as passing. A "test-out" option is available for most classes - participants do not need to attend scheduled sessions in order to complete corresponding tests. However, sessions marked (*) require attendance for successful completion of the program.
- eProp Proposal Development and Submission System
- Sponsored Projects Fundamentals
- Proposal Budget Development
- Working with SPA
- F&A - Indirect Costs - Overhead
- Cost Principles for Sponsored Projects *
- Sponsored Projects - Departmental Administration *
- Researcher's Dashboard and Coeus Reports
- SPA Billing Process
- PREP - Proposal Review Expedited Process
- Contract Negotiation Basics
Tests for each core module can now be found on Blackboard. Log in using your AccessID and Password. In the "My Classes" section you will find "Sponsored Program Administration - eLearning"; select the link and read the directions on the Announcement section of the class page to access the tests.
The following links provide useful information for the administrative endeavors of Wayne State University's research community. Please note that the information provided therein is general and not necessarily specific or applicable to WSU, Sponsored Program Administration or the Office of the Vice President for Research.
- NIH Extramural Nexus: Information regarding extramural funding from the NIH
- NIH Grant Programs: A comprehensive listing of NIH activity codes which differentiate research-related programs
- NIH eRA Modules, User Guides, and Documentation: Overview of NIH resources and aids for eRA systems and requirements
- SPA Facebook Page: General information and announcements related to Sponsored Program Administration
- SPA Blah Blah: SPA's blog page consisting of useful information for researchers and administrators alike
- NCURA 1959 YouTube Channel: Brief video snippets covering everything from proposal submission to award closeout