Process for Specialized Research Instrument Service Providers Coming On-Campus
Instrument repair/service workers must complete and submit electronically to your WSU host the completed document found here for review and approval by the Office of the Vice President for Research in accordance with university guidelines.
Prior to the visit, the WSU host must supply the service provider with:
- The WSU COVID-19 safety requirements.
- Guidance and instructions for completion of the WSU daily health screen and authorization (see below).
- Building specific instructions regarding:
- Host escort to the worksite from the building entrance. Service provider must be escorted from the building entrance to the worksite. The service provider should be provided with the name of the escort and information on how to contact the host upon arrival.
- Designated entry times.
- Designated entry and exit doors.
- Traffic flow patterns (hallways and stairways).
- Elevator usage.
- Restroom usage.
- Wearing masks.
- Room/lab specific procedures to maintain social distancing, including:
- Temporary relocation of occupants (e.g. to access specific equipment for repair or testing).
- Contactless interactions (client signatures etc.).
- Limited direct interactions and communications.
- A request for service providers to provide a statement of the safety measures implemented by the vendor to protect customers.
Prior to the visit, the service provider must supply WSU with:
- A copy of the service providers customer protection measures (PPE, health screens etc.).
- A daily copy of the WSU health safety survey for each worker visiting campus (found here).
- Certification of approval to enter the WSU Campus.
WSU Safety Requirements
In accordance with the required elements encompassed in the Michigan Governor's Executive Order 2020-90 – "Resumption of laboratory research activities" that was released on May 16, 2020 (https://www.michigan.gov/whitmer/0,9309,7-387-90499_90705-529454--,00.html) and the Wayne State University Preparedness and Response Plan that is posted on our website (https://research.wayne.edu/coronavirus/wsucovid-19preparednessandresponseplan), all individuals coming to campus must complete a daily health screen before coming on site. This request and approval form is valid only for this date. Please complete a new form each day before you visit campus.
Instrument Repair/Service Workers must complete and submit electronically to your WSU host the completed document found here for review and approval by the Office of the Vice President for Research in accordance with university guidelines. This document needs to be completed daily and submitted to the host and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org each day before visiting the campus. At this time, individuals that travel by plane for onsite services are not allowed into facilities barring exceptional circumstances.