Award for Graduate Students who Obtain External Support
Maximum Award: $2,000
This program provides supplemental research funds for individual students who are successful in obtaining monetary support from an external agency specifically related to a research project. Awards are 25% of the award amount to a maximum of $2,000 to use as supplemental research funds. Half of the total award is provided to the student and the other half to his/her advisor's indirect cost account. An academic scholarship or appointment to an institutional training grant does not qualify a student for this support program. Money is to be used to support the externally funded research project, e.g. research equipment, subject payment, database subscriptions.
Address requests in memo format to Sarah James, Research Support Liaison. Memos should include a brief description of the research project, projected budget and budget justification, advisor and student name, department, and contact information. Please include a copy of the award verification with the request.
Memos should be submitted as one PDF through Evisions. Evisions is accessible via the Research Resources tab in Academica. A WSU access ID and Academica password is required. To submit your internal funding request, please follow the steps in the Internal Evisions user guide.
- Sponsor name selected should be "Award for Graduate Student who Obtain External Support - OVPR"
- The Approving Units sections of the Evissions must include "VP Research H09050" to correctly route through the system
- The student's ADVISOR should be listed as the PI when submitting in Evisions
- Project title should include grant sponsor and name of grant
- Program deadline should be the date this request is uploaded into Evisions
- Indirect costs should not be included for internal funding
- Funds will be transferred into the advisor's account - $1,000 is for the graduate student's research and $1,000 is for the advisor's research
If you have questions about entering and uploading your internal funding proposal, please contact Tim Foley at email@example.com or 313-577-8357. If you have questions about the particular funding program, contact Sarah James at firstname.lastname@example.org or 313-577-8997. If you have questions about transfer of funds for any of our programs, contact Lilly Hatzis at email@example.com or 313-577-2245. If assistance is required with technical issues, please contact Research_IT@wayne.edu.