Investigator Animal Request Form
As of June 25, 2012, animal order requests need to be processed through WayneBuy, Wayne State University's new procurement system administered through the Procurement & Strategic Sourcing Department. If you have any questions regarding WayneBuy, please feel free to contact Procurement & Strategic Sourcing at (313) 577- 3734 or visit their website.
WayneBuy login requires you enter your WSU AccessID and Password. Once you login into WayneBuy, under the "Showcased Services" the Investigator Order Form is located in the WayneBuy Forms. By clicking on the link, the form will open and information can be inputted for processing. WayneBuy Training Job-Aids to help you navigate through the system are on-line on the Procurement & Strategic Sourcing website.
The Division of Laboratory Animal Resources will continue to procure animal resources once the WayneBuy purchase requisition is received on-line by our Procurement Specialists. If you have any questions or concerns with this process you can contact a DLAR Procurement Specialist at (313) 577-1107 or email us at DLAR@wayne.edu.
WayneBuy -- (Visit website for Job Aids)
- Investigator Order Form– Required to be completed for all WSU animal procurement.
- Can be completed by anyone with an active WSU Access ID and Password.
- One protocol number per purchase order, the protocol number must belong to the Principal Investigator.
- Blanket/Standing Order are no longer being issued for animal procurement.
- Information needed to complete the investigator order form:
Weight and/or Age
Product Description & Specifications
Gender of Species
Special Packing Costs
- Add and Go to Cart– Allows you to add another animal line item to the same order. Note: Must be in the same protocol, if not a new investigator order form needs to be submitted.
- Shipping and Handling Costs-- Once in the cart, add an estimated Shipping/Handling line by clicking the "Add Non-Catalog Line item". Shipping and Handling costs must be included in the animal order once cart is completed and ready to “Proceed to Check Out” or “Assign Cart”. All animal orders must have shipping and handling costs included for processing the order. Procurement Specialist cannot complete the order without this charge and if not included, will delay the order.
- Assign the CART– Department’s employees completing the form who cannot proceed to check out due to their profile, must assign the cart to the department approved assignee. Contact your Business Office for this information. DLAR does not have this information since this is determined by each unit’s reporting structure.
- Account Code -- Animal procurement account code is: 72167 – Animals. For non-animal related orders do not use this account code.
- Special Approval Queue – DLAR is part of the WayneBuy special approval queue for processing all animal procurement for the university. Animal order requisition is received at DLAR after all departmental approvals.
- Purchase Order Execution -- WayneBuy takes 5-7 minutes to issue a purchase order number once the Procurement Specialist has authorized the order.
- Change Order Request – WayneBuy change order requests are initiated by the departments.NOTE: Departments must call the Procurement Specialist (313-577-1107) in order to have the order changed. This will allow for the Procurement Specialist to call Vendor and change the order prior to shipping.
- Email Confirmation – WayneBuy sends out an email to the department with the purchase order number and link to WayneBuy for further details (Check your preferences in your WayneBuy profiles). Purchase order with all details can be printed for final information on the order.
NOTE: For all animal orders, initial orders or orders changes, only the Procurement Specialist is authorized to contact the vendor. For any questions or concerns, contact DLAR at (313) 577-1107.
DLAR Animal Procurement Process in a Nutshell
- Order Specification Verification-- Procurement Specialist verifies all information on the purchase order: PI, Protocol Number, Stipulations in the Protocol and if animal order meets the criteria then the order can be placed.
- Vendor Order Confirmation --All animal order specifications are verified with the vendor prior to placing the order. Any deviance from the order is communicated to the department. DLAR and department use the “COMMENT SECTION” in the Requisition for corresponding. Department must approve changes via this means.
- Procurement Threshold-- For amounts over the $50 threshold for the total purchase order amount, Procurement Specialist will need approval from the Department level approver. DLAR and the approver will use the “COMMENT SECTION” in the Requisition for corresponding. Department must approve changes via this means.
- Editing Requisition Order -- Procurement Specialist will edit the requisition based on that changes and approval(s).
- Placing the Order – Procurement Specialist finalizes the order when all specifications and prices are correct.
- Change Order Request – WayneBuy change order requests are initiated by the departments. Special approval queue for animal purchases routes the change order request to DLAR after Purchasing’s queue. DLAR Procurement Specialist reviews and approves for final processing. NOTE: Most change order requests should be for closing purchase orders for dangling encumbrances, since all animal orders are confirmed and placed by DLAR Procurement Specialist. For any changes to the order specifications, Departments must call the Procurement Specialist (313-577-1107) in order to have the order changed. This will allow for the Procurement Specialist to call Vendor and change the order prior to shipping.
- Receivers-- WayneBuy purchase orders over $2,000 will require a receiver prior to invoice payment. DLAR Procurement Specialist will prepare receivers for purchase orders over $2,000 only.
- Invoices-- Procurement Specialist advises to vendor that all invoices will need to reference the purchase order number provided by the Procurement Specialist. Invoices should be mailed to Accounts Payable, PO Box 9056, Detroit, MI 48202.
- Animal Order Deadlines-- For animals to be delivered the following week, orders need to be processed online and approved by DLAR by Thursdays at 2:00p.m. Exception: NIA, Tuesday @ 11:30am., NIH and NCI, Wednesday @ 11:30a.m. Complete schedule for DLAR ordering deadline and delivery dates can be found on our website www.dlar.wayne.edu .