Hazardous Materials Shipping Flyers
Does your lab ship hazardous materials
or any materials on dry ice?
- Hazardous materials must be shipped by an Office of Environmental Health & Safety (OEHS) staff member or other trained personnel.
Under DOT Dangerous Goods regulations, penalties for violations are severe.
- DRY ICE is a Class 9 – Miscellaneous Dangerous Good:
ALL materials on dry ice are regulated and must be shipped as dangerous goods.
- LITHIUM BATTERIES are Class 9 – Miscellaneous Dangerous Goods:
These batteries are regulated and require special packaging and labeling.
- Some chemical and biological compounds are non-regulated and may be shipped
without Dangerous Goods training.
- Complete the online form to arrange for OEHS shipment of hazardous materials, or
for assistance in determining if your shipment is hazardous:
For more information: