Welcome to Research at Wayne State University, one of the nation’s pre-eminent public research universities in an urban setting.
Through our multidisciplinary approach to research and education, and ongoing collaboration with government, industry and other institutions, we seek to expand knowledge, enhance economic growth and improve the quality of life in the city of Detroit, state of Michigan and throughout the world.
Through our dedication and leadership, Wayne State University is a nationally recognized center of excellence in research. Our faculty lead the nation in many key research areas and their groundbreaking discoveries make a difference in the everyday lives of others around the corner and around the world.
- MTRAC awards spur biomedical innovation at Wayne State University
- Wayne State University awarded $1.3 million NIH Type 1 Diabetes Pathfinder Award to increase longevity of insulin treatment implants
- Wayne State awarded $3.2 million NIH grant for schizophrenia research
- $4.8M NIH grant addresses environmental influences on child health
- RoBUST Brown Bag Series - Oct. 24
- Neural Correlates and Modifiers of Cognitive Aging
- IRB Training: Expedited and Full Board Initial Submissions
- Mathematics Topology Seminar - David White
- Important Reminder: New electronic grant and contract proposal development system to be launched: Sign up for training today!
- Register for 2016-2017 Grant Writing Seminars hosted by the Office of the Vice President for Research
- Important updates to international travel requests
- Announcement of passing of Dr. John P. Oliver, former Vice President for Research
Wayne State is ranked 55th by NSF among public universities for total R&D expenditures
Total research award dollars rose 23.8% in FY15.
Total number of research awards rose 5.5% in FY15.
Awards from the National Institutes of Health rose by 19% in FY15. Overall, federal awards rose by over 15% in FY15.