Welcome to Research at Wayne State University, one of the nation's pre-eminent public research universities in an urban setting.
Through our multidisciplinary approach to research and education, and ongoing collaboration with government, industry and other institutions, we seek to expand knowledge, enhance economic growth and improve the quality of life in the city of Detroit, state of Michigan and throughout the world.
Through our dedication and leadership, Wayne State University is a nationally recognized center of excellence in research. Our faculty lead the nation in many key research areas and their groundbreaking discoveries make a difference in the everyday lives of others around the corner and around the world.
- Driving heart health
- Wayne State University to lead major U.S. clinical trial
- Using sound to improve blood pressure monitoring
- Have a heart: Discovering a new way to thwart heart failure
- Cervical Cancer Prevention: Appropriate Use of Pap and HPV Testing
- WSU-PDA Annual Meeting 2018
- Genomic and Epigenomic Approaches to Target Discovery and Therapeutic Development
- Neurology Grand Rounds
- New Research Policy: Health Insurance Expenditures – Fellowships and Training Grants Policy
- WSU Holiday Shipping Schedule
- Wayne State Human Research Protection Program (HRPP) preparing for sweeping changes to federal regulations
- Important message from WSU's Vice President for Research
Ranked 70th among public universities by NSF
Wayne State is ranked 70th by NSF among public research universities for total R&D expenditures
Research award dollars totaled over $236 million in FY17
Total research award dollars rose over 36% from FY13 to FY17.
There were 1,108 research awards in FY17
Total number of research awards rose over 7% since FY13.
NIH awards rose to 260 in FY17
Awards from the National Institutes of HEalth rose 6.5% in FY17. Overall, federal awards rose by 4.5% in FY15.