Welcome to Research at Wayne State University, one of the nation’s pre-eminent public research universities in an urban setting.
Through our multidisciplinary approach to research and education, and ongoing collaboration with government, industry and other institutions, we seek to expand knowledge, enhance economic growth and improve the quality of life in the city of Detroit, state of Michigan and throughout the world.
Through our dedication and leadership, Wayne State University is a nationally recognized center of excellence in research. Our faculty lead the nation in many key research areas and their groundbreaking discoveries make a difference in the everyday lives of others around the corner and around the world.
- Wayne State University and Henry Ford Hospital present findings on reducing hospital visits for patients with End State Renal Disease and Chronic Kidney Disease
- Math Corps awarded nearly $3 million NSF grant
- Studies reveal WSU-conceived non-invasive prenatal genetic test is accurate five weeks into pregnancy
- WSU researchers show genetic variants and environmental exposures have mighty influence on health
- Write Winning Grant Proposals Seminar for Hypothesis-Driven Research (general audience) – Dec 8, 2016
- WSU Research Administrators Meeting - December 2016
- SPA - Training - Evisions 424/SP (Coeus eProp Replacement)
- Virus-host interactions: remodeling of secretory and endosomal systems by human cytomegalovirus
- New Proposal & Award Policies and Procedures Guide - NSF 17-1
- Important Reminder: New electronic grant and contract proposal development system to be launched: Sign up for training today!
- Important updates to international travel requests
- Announcement of passing of Dr. John P. Oliver, former Vice President for Research
Ranked 55th among public universities by NSF
Wayne State is ranked 55th by NSF among public universities for total R&D expenditures
Research award dollars totaled over $188 million in FY15
Total research award dollars rose 23.8% in FY15.
There were 1,047 research awards in FY15
Total number of research awards rose 5.5% in FY15.
NIH awards rose to 264 in FY15
Awards from the National Institutes of Health rose by 19% in FY15. Overall, federal awards rose by over 15% in FY15.