Welcome to Research at Wayne State University, one of the nation's pre-eminent public research universities in an urban setting.
Through our multidisciplinary approach to research and education, and ongoing collaboration with government, industry and other institutions, we seek to expand knowledge, enhance economic growth and improve the quality of life in the city of Detroit, state of Michigan and throughout the world.
Through our dedication and leadership, Wayne State University is a nationally recognized center of excellence in research. Our faculty lead the nation in many key research areas and their groundbreaking discoveries make a difference in the everyday lives of others around the corner and around the world.
- WSU Statement
- Wayne State’s zebrafish might hold key to fighting leukemia
- URC Tops $2.1B in R&D, 53% Increase Since Founding
- Wayne State University research team develops new diagnostic tool to identify tinnitus in animals
- TNP Student Seminar: An fMRI Study of Cognitive Control in Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders
- Nano@Wayne Seminar: "Chemically Functionalized Two-Dimensional Nanoelectronic Heterostructures"
- Physics and Astronomy Colloquium: Novel superconductors from quantum paramagnets
- Neurosurgery Grand Rounds
Ranked 55th among public universities by NSF
Wayne State is ranked 55th by NSF among public universities for total R&D expenditures
Research award dollars totaled over $188 million in FY15
Total research award dollars rose 23.8% in FY15.
There were 1,047 research awards in FY15
Total number of research awards rose 5.5% in FY15.
NIH awards rose to 264 in FY15
Awards from the National Institutes of Health rose by 19% in FY15. Overall, federal awards rose by over 15% in FY15.