Welcome to Research at Wayne State University, one of the nation’s pre-eminent public research universities in an urban setting.
Through our multidisciplinary approach to research and education, and ongoing collaboration with government, industry and other institutions, we seek to expand knowledge, enhance economic growth and improve the quality of life in the city of Detroit, state of Michigan and throughout the world.
Through our dedication and leadership, Wayne State University is a nationally recognized center of excellence in research. Our faculty lead the nation in many key research areas and their groundbreaking discoveries make a difference in the everyday lives of others around the corner and around the world.
- Wayne State receives $1.7 million grant to advance virtually guided weldability qualification
- Wayne State receives $2.2 million HRSA grant to support neurodevelopmental disabilities leadership education
- Wayne State researcher awarded $1.9M grant to identify memory networks in children
- Wayne State University startup joins ranks of 50 smartest companies
- 16th Annual Update in Internal Medicine: Selected Topics and Controversies
- Multisensory modulation of tinnitus neural correlates in auditory cortex.
- Prostate Cancer Survivorship Care Online
- An Introduction to Task Saturation and The Military Acuity Model
Wayne State is ranked 55th by NSF among public universities for total R&D expenditures
Total research award dollars rose 23.8% in FY15.
Total number of research awards rose 5.5% in FY15.
Awards from the National Institutes of Health rose by 19% in FY15. Overall, federal awards rose by over 15% in FY15.