Welcome to Research at Wayne State University, one of the nation’s pre-eminent public research universities in an urban setting.
Through our multidisciplinary approach to research and education, and ongoing collaboration with government, industry and other institutions, we seek to expand knowledge, enhance economic growth and improve the quality of life in the city of Detroit, state of Michigan and throughout the world.
Through our dedication and leadership, Wayne State University is a nationally recognized center of excellence in research. Our faculty lead the nation in many key research areas and their groundbreaking discoveries make a difference in the everyday lives of others around the corner and around the world.
- $4.8M NIH grant addresses environmental influences on child health
- Wayne State awarded $15.7 million NIH grant to address HIV prevention among youth
- Wayne State professor receives $200,000 grant to develop data-driven health informatics system to address urban health challenges
- It's Miller Time!
- Brainstorm 2016 - Brain@Wayne Research Symposium
- Building Multi-Dimensional Genomic Maps for Complex Human Traits
- Scorpions, snakes, insecticides and coffee: insights into the mechanisms of calcium-dependent arrhythmias
- IRB Training: Requirements for Conducting International Research
Wayne State is ranked 55th by NSF among public universities for total R&D expenditures
Total research award dollars rose 23.8% in FY15.
Total number of research awards rose 5.5% in FY15.
Awards from the National Institutes of Health rose by 19% in FY15. Overall, federal awards rose by over 15% in FY15.