Wayne State University offers a range of statistical support services to suit a wide variety of needs, including:
- Biostatistics and Epidemiology Research Design (BERD) Core: BERD aims to bring together expertise in biostatistics and epidemiology, particularly expertise needed to plan and conduct translational health research. This includes study design (particularly but not solely for clinical trials), data (quantitative/statistical) analytic methods, database development and management, statistical genetics methods, geocoding, health economic analyses, and psychometric assessment. A main focus of BERD is to provide support for pre- and post-grant work.
- Research Design & Analysis (RDAU): RDAU provides assistance with the design of research projects and the statistical analysis of data. The service is available free of charge to Wayne State University faculty, staff, post-doctoral researchers, and graduate students for assistance with research that is not supported by external funding.
- Mathematics Statistical Consulting Service: The Department of Mathematics provides a statistical consulting service for the entire university community as well as off-campus clients, to enhance primarily non-biomedical interdisciplinary research activities at WSU.
- Big Data & Business Analytics: The Big Data & Business Analytics group at Wayne State is an initiative of the College of Engineering that aims to assist enterprises in their big data adoption and value extraction challenges.
- Karmanos Cancer Biostatistics Core: The Boistatistics Core is a resource for Cancer Center investigators in clinical, laboratory, population studies and prevention research.