Upcoming HRPP-IRB Webinars - Oct. 2023 - Jan. 2024
Oct. 24, 2023: Health Literacy and Plain Language in Research Documents
Nov. 28, 2023: IRB recommended best practices for conducting virtual study visits with research participants using Zoom
Jan. 23, 2024: Research Informed Consent: An overview of the IRB's consent templates & how to create an effective research informed consent document
10:30 - 11:30 a.m. Via Zoom (Details below)
The Office of the Vice President for Research encourages faculty, staff and students engaged in research with human participants/subjects to attend our monthly HRPP-IRB webinars that offer opportunities to touch base with the IRB office. These webinars are presented by the IRB Training Coordinator, Heather Park-May.
Each webinar features:
- News from the IRB Administration Office
- Upcoming IRB events
- Education: Overview of a featured IRB policy topic
- Updates to any policy changes, eProtocol submission requirements, and guidance tools
Webinars occur on the 4th Tuesday of every month.
Our next seminar is Oct. 24, 2023 from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. and the featured topic will be “Health Literacy and Plain Language in Research Documents.” Heather will discuss concepts to use when communicating with research participants, and how to utilize these concepts to create documents that are easy for research participants to understand. Visit the IRB Education Website for more information including any changes to the webinar schedule and links to slides from past webinars. The events also can be found on the university research events calendar at https://events.wayne.edu/research-events/
Webinars are hosted on Zoom and registration is not required.
- Meeting ID: 959 0775 7834
- Password: 648274
Mark Your Calendars for our upcoming webinars:
- November 28, 2023:
- Featured Topic: IRB recommended best practices for conducting virtual study visits with research participants using Zoom
- December, 2023: No Webinar due to Holiday Closure
- January 23, 2024:
- Featured Topic: Research Informed Consent: An overview of the IRB's consent templates & how to create an effective research informed consent document
We hope you will take advantage of attending these important monthly webinars.
Director, Research Communications