Tips to Help You Get Your Protocol Approved
The IACUC Office has created several new tools to avoid unnecessary delays in protocol approval. We recently added a list of top Tips for Faster Approval, which includes links to our Protocol Submission Checklist and our Sample IACUC Protocol.
- Contact the IACUC Office (IACUC@wayne.edu) for protocol specific tips and answers to your questions.
- Make sure you clearly read and follow the protocol questions/directions.
- Ensure training for all staff is up to date.
- Ensure that other approvals (e.g., Institutional Biosafety Committee, Radiation Safety Committee) related to the IACUC are up to date.
- Use clear, non-scientific language in your protocol.
- Make sure you proofread your protocol prior to submission.
We hope that you find these tips and tools helpful. If you have any questions or suggestions, please feel free to contact the IACUC Office (IACUC@wayne.edu).
Director, Research Communications