The Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) for both Wayne State University and the John D. Dingell VA Medical Center, in cooperation with research scientists and veterinarians, ensures that all research and teaching protocols using live vertebrate animals are designed and carried out in a humane manner that complies with all applicable laws, policies, and guidelines. The IACUC oversees the use of animals by investigators who are committed to the highest level of ethical standards in conducting biomedical research or teaching, as well as the highest level of care for animals used in research.
- DLAR Per Diem Rates and Other Fees for Remainder of FY2024
- AAALAC International site visit scheduled for November 2023
- Reminders for anesthetic machine rental and animal ordering
- Wayne State University female rats demonstrate protection from impact of western diet on cardiovascular disease
- Microscopy, Imaging, and Cytometry core expands its technology