Regulatory and accreditation
Public Health Service, Office of Laboratory Animal Welfare
- PHS Approval Letter of WSU Animal Welfare Assurance (2018) (PDF)
- A copy of WSU's Animal Welfare Assurance document can be requested from the IACUC Administration Office.
Animal Welfare Assurance # A3310-01 or # D16-00198 (either number can be used for communication with PHS)
WSU is required to file an updated Assurance every four years; this assurance expires February 28, 2022.
United States Department of Agriculture, Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service
- Last USDA Inspection: April 9, 2019 by the regional Veterinary Medical Officer
WSU is inspected by the USDA annually.
Association for the Assessment and Accreditation for Laboratory Animal Care International (AAALAC)
- AAALAC Site Visit: November 6-8, 2017
- Continued "Full Accreditation" notification: March 23, 2018
WSU is required to apply for reaccreditation every three years.
In all instances above, "WSU" includes the John D. Dingell Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Detroit.
Animal Resources and Veterinary Care at Wayne State University
- This document, composed by the veterinary staff and IACUC office, can be used in grant applications: Animal Resources and Veterinary Care at WSU (DOC). If additional information regarding WSU facilities is needed, please contact the IACUC office for a more detailed document.