Protocol application forms
The IACUC is now using an online submission process (eProtocol). Please review Submitting an Animal Research Protocol for assistance.
- If you plan to submit an amendment to add personnel in eProtocol, please consider first submitting the following form via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) if that person has not yet been trained by the DLAR:
VAMC funding applications (formerly requiring an ACORP) should be submitted using eProtocol. Contact the IACUC office with questions.
Campus animal transfer and/or transport
How to transfer animals between IACUC protocols and/or request transport of live animals between buildings on campus: FLOW CHART
- IACUC ANIMAL TRANSFER FORM - Wayne State University --This form is used to transfer animals between protocols (i.e. to another PI, etc.).
- DLAR Campus Animal Transportation Form - Wayne State University - This form must be completed in order to request Division of Laboratory Animal Resources (DLAR) transport of animals between vivaria or lab spaces.
Housing outside DLAR animal facilities forms
- Outside Housing Rodent Husbandry Agreement (.docx)
- Outside Housing Fish Husbandry Agreement (.doc)
- Satellite Housing Room Log (PDF)
- DLAR Census Sheet (.doc)
IACUC Adverse Event Form
Investigators must notify the IACUC regarding any unanticipated deaths, adverse events, unexpected study results or a phenotype that negatively impacts the welfare of an animal. Notification must still occur even if the issue has been identified and corrected. Notification must be timely, to minimize the effect on animal welfare.
page revised 3/13/2023