Internal Submission Process
Log-In vs New User Registration:
Prior to submitting your online registration, please take a moment to review the Proteomic Core's social distancing user guidelines that must be followed.
New users (BOTH PIs and non-PIs) must register for an iLab account:
All facility users are required to have a registered iLabs account. This includes:
1. Internal Customers without an Infinity account will require a one-time registration.
2. Internal Customers with an active Infinity account will be able to use their WSU single sign on to access iLabs. No further registration is required.
3. All external customers will require a one-time registration.
For additional information about iLab, please feel free to browse the following core user resources:
**All users should refer to Requesting Mass Spec Services and/or Reserving Walk-Up Instrument Time for further guidance.
1. New users must log in here to be redirected to the iLab registration page.
2. Proceed through the Registration Wizard.
3. Next, click on "Request Access" for access to YOUR lab.
4. Next, request access to the Proteomics Core Facility - your access may or may not require manual approval depending on facility settings.
5. See the next section to know whether to request access to any instruments.
Requesting Mass Spec Services:
(You do NOT have to request access to ANY instrument.)
Prior to submitting your request for mass spec services, please take a moment to review the Proteomic Core's social distancing user guidelines that must be followed.
1. For proteomics mass spec services, select the Proteomics Core Facility, click on the Request Services tab, and fill out the Proteomics Service Request Form.
**IF the system requires the Service ID box to be filled, you can enter the Core internal job number (if known) or enter the name of your experiment.
2. You will need an index number to be able to submit a service request. If you do not see an index number when you get to the payment section, you have to request the index to be added to your account by a WSU Administrator
3. Once you submit a request -
a. Core will review your request and send you a quote.
(Consult with PI as needed before approving read "Important Note for PIs" section.)
b. User will approve the quote.
c. Once job is completed, Core will send invoice to user for final approval.
**System is set to auto-approve after 24 hours of dispatching invoice to the lab. If you have approved the quote previously, you do not need to approve the invoice. Any price changes made AFTER initial quote approval will be made known to the user prior to invoice generation.
d. Core will send final invoice to Banner for electronic payment via index number.
Reserving Walk-Up Instrument Time:
All new users MUST request access to the instrument of choice - applies to the Octet 96 for molecular interaction studies, the Spectradyne nCS1 Particle Size Analyzer, and the Covaris sonication instrument.
1. If you are a new user, click on the Instruments tab, select the Proteomics Core Facility, and request access to the instrument of choice by clicking on "Request Access" in the pop-up box that appears when you hover over the instrument image.
2. Once approved as a new user or you are an already-approved past user, you may reserve your time.
3. When reserving time in the calendar, select YOUR lab name in the reservation box.
4. You will need an index number to finalize the reservation. If you do not see an index number in the payment box, you have to request the index to be added to your account by a WSU administrator.
5. The Core will only bill for actual instrument run time and will send the PI the final invoice copy once charges have been sent to Banner for payment.
Important Note for PIs:
1. If you would like to assign a lab member or office staff to oversee your iLab account activities (as a manager), please contact the Core. This individual will approve lab members' requests for access to their lab, and approve price quotes and invoices that require PI approval based on the parameters within the Lab Settings tab (see step 2). Otherwise, the PI will be notified to move the service requests along in the system when PI approval is required.
2. To set approval thresholds for invoices (manual vs auto-approval) and to set approval procedures for quotes for your lab, click on the Lab tab, then click on Lab Settings.
**Lab Settings are very important as they will determine whether lab members have authority to bypass PI approval for their service request quotes & invoices.