Research Orientation for New Faculty
The Office of the Vice President for Research is pleased to welcome new faculty to Wayne State University. We aim to provide resources to assist new faculty as they lay the groundwork for excellence in research, teaching, and service.
Here's a list of things to do as a new faculty member at Wayne State University:
- Sign up for Research Mentors Program for New Faculty
- Use the Pre-Submission Review Program
- Attend Planning and Writing Successful Grant Proposals seminar
- Apply for the Provost's Office University Research Grant
- Sign up for and attend a Pivot workshop
- Attend Research and Academic Development(RAD) seminars
- Attend Vice President for Research's Reception for New Faculty
- Contact Tim Foley, SPA Training, for assistance with the Cayuse Research Suite
- Meet with Corporate and Foundation Relations to discuss your work.
In addition, we hope you can attend our Research Reception for New Faculty on October 23, 2019. For information and to RSVP, click here.
You may find our Let's Get Your Research Funded! presentation helpful. Visit here to review the presentation.
Every year the Division of Research has a VIRTUAL SCAVENGER HUNT for new faculty members to introduce our Research resources and programs. The 3 new faculty who submitted the highest number of accurate answers in the shortest amount of time received professional travel awards in the amounts of $1500 (first place), $1000 (second place), and $500 (third place).
CONGRATULATIONS to THIS YEAR'S WINNERS!
FIRST PLACE: Danika McLeod, Lecturer, Criminal Justice
SECOND PLACE: Hannah Schacter, Assistant Professor, Psychology
THIRD PLACE: Tierra Bills, Assistant Professor, Civil Engineering