The DLAR Training Program works together with the Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) to support researchers in the area of training and education as it applies to their IACUC approved protocol. DLAR can assist research personnel in meeting the regulatory compliance standards with the use of a variety of didactic approaches including via Zoom and in-person. Training sessions include, but are not limited to...
- Species Introductions - Virtual Meetings
- Species Handling and Procedure Techniques - In Person
- Facility Orientations - In-Person
- Introduction of Aseptic Surgical Techniques - Virtual Meetings
- Aseptic Surgical Techniques - In-Person
- Working with Hazards in DLAR - In-Person
- Introduction to Anesthetic Gas Use - In-Person
- Transportation of animals - Virtual Meetings
- Housing Species outside of DLAR - Virtual Meetings
Training sessions are held at the location below (by appointment) unless otherwise indicated.
To view upcoming DLAR training opportunities, visit here.
College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
259 Mack Ave. 5th floor
*Enter at the Brady Street entrance, sign-in at the desk and take the elevators to the 5th floor. Please call using the phone in the 5th floor lobby, our staff will meet you.
One Card (debit) Parking is available in Structure 7 located next to Whole Foods