CITI Training Registration: Step-by-Step Guide
OEH&S is now offering our laboratory safety training courses online through the Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI) at the University of Miami. To get started, follow these instructions:
- Access the CITI website: www.CITIprogram.org.Select "Register Here" to set up your account.
- The first step on the registration page is to select your institution. Please select "Wayne State University – Detroit, MI" (note that Wayne State College is also a choice, this is NOT our site).
- In your CITI profile, be sure to put your WSU Access ID in the "Employee Number" field. Your access ID is the two letter, four digit number (aa1234) on your WSU OneCard.
- Once you set up your account, you will be prompted to answer a series of questions that will determine which training courses you need. The courses/modules that are required for you will now be listed on the "Learner's Menu" page under "My Courses" page.
- If you already have a CITI account, you can affiliate with another institution from the "Learner's Menu" page. Any courses you have already completed for another institution will show up as "completed" in your list of courses.
- Every time you enter the CITI website with your username and password you will be directed to your "Learner's Menu" page. It is not necessary to complete all the modules in one sitting, you will be able to return to the website and pick up where you left off.
- After you complete all the required courses an email from CITI will be automatically generated and sent to OEH&S. You can also print copies of your completion reports for your records.
If you have questions please contact:
Elena Fracassa, Environmental Health Specialist
Office of Environmental Health & Safety