The laboratory safety program invovles policies, standard operating procedures, training and other information to ensure compliance in research and teaching laboratories at WSU.There are various regulatory requirements that laboratories must meet when working with biological, chemical and radiological materials.OEHS specialists will visit your laboratories periodically to conduct safety audits that will assist you with keeping researchers safe and complying with the law.
If you're starting a new lab or relocating your lab, complete the PI Onboarding Checklist.
Laboratory Safety Fact Sheets
- Bunsen Burner Safety
- Compressed Gas Cylinder Safety
- Cryostat Safety
- Glove Selection Chart
- Hot Plate Safety
- Nanotechnology & Nanoparticle Safety
- Ultraviolet Light (UV) Safety
- Refrigeration/Freezing of Flammable Liquids.
- Flammable Storage Cabinets.
- Cryogenic Liquid Safety.
- Liquid Nitrogen Safety Posting
- Grounding and Bonding - Safe transfer of flammable liquids
Policy for minors working in the laboratory
Researchers who want to have any minors (under the age of 18) in the laboratory, must review and complete the Wayne State requirements in the link below: