The Sponsored Program Administration (SPA) Office within the Division of Research is responsible for the institutional oversight for Wayne State University's external sponsored programs. In this capacity, SPA provides service to three distinct groups: 1) faculty, 2) the University, and 3) the sponsors. SPA plays a role throughout the lifecycle of the project that includes:
- Proposal preparation and submission.
- Award acceptance.
- Successful completion of the project objectives.
- Forms and system access requests
Training and Resources
SPA provides training sessions for a wide range of topics including Cayuse SP and S2S preparation and submission, proposal budget development, Researcher’s Dashboard navigation, and generating Cayuse Power-BI Reports. SPA sessions concentrate on Wayne-specific policies and processes as related to the broader content presented in LevelUP.
WSU LevelUP: The LevelUP program provides training through an online learning platform of modules that are 2 to 5 hours in duration on relevant topics related to research administration. The collection of micro-credentialing modules were developed by subject matter experts at the Society of Research Administrators International (SRAI) to enhance your current understanding of research administration and expand your knowledge into different topical areas. Topics follow the lifecycle of a sponsored project and include pre-award administration, post-award finance, and regulatory and financial compliance among others.
- Online briefing on NIH's simplified peer review framework for NIH Research Project Grant (RPG) Applications
- New minimum salary requirements for postdoctoral scholars hires - effective Jan. 1, 2024
- Important message from NSF - FastLane System Decommissioning
- NIH announces change to Data Management and Sharing Plan instructions
- Revised SPA proposal deadline policy goes in to effect Jan. 9, 2023