The Sponsored Program Administration (SPA) Office within the Division of Research is responsible for the institutional oversight for Wayne State University's external sponsored programs. In this capacity, SPA provides service to three distinct groups: 1) faculty, 2) the University, and 3) the sponsors. SPA plays a role throughout the lifecycle of the project that includes:
- Proposal preparation and submission.
- Award acceptance.
- Successful completion of the project objectives.
Training and Resources
SPA provides training sessions for a wide range of topics including Cayuse SP and S2S preparation and submission, proposal budget development, Researcher’s Dashboard navigation, and generating Cayuse Power-BI Reports. SPA sessions concentrate on Wayne-specific policies and processes as related to the broader content presented in LevelUP.
WSU LevelUP: The LevelUP program provides training through an online learning platform of modules that are 2 to 5 hours in duration on relevant topics related to research administration. The collection of micro-credentialing modules were developed by subject matter experts at the Society of Research Administrators International (SRAI) to enhance your current understanding of research administration and expand your knowledge into different topical areas. Topics follow the lifecycle of a sponsored project and include pre-award administration, post-award finance, and regulatory and financial compliance among others.
- Notice from National Institutes of Health - Adjusted Timeline for Requiring Two-Factor Authentication to Access eRA Modules Using Login.Gov or InCommon Federated Accounts
- Updated information from the National Science Foundation about the government shutdown
- New Research Policy: Health Insurance Expenditures "" Fellowships and Training Grants Policy
- Important news from NSF: Changes to the way the research community registers for NSF accounts and maintains account and user profile information
- IMPORTANT MESSAGE - PAPPG (NSF 18-1) Policy Changes and Proposal Compliance Checking Updates Coming to FastLane and Research.gov on 1/29/18